Food Safety Initiative Program
In today’s world, food safety is a major concern for consumers, regulatory bodies and producers. Foodborne illnesses can arise from the consumption of food contaminated by microbiological, biological, and chemical hazards. Hence it is essential to ensure food safety starts at the upstream production of the food chain, such as the feed manufacturers and farms.
The Kemin Food Safety Initiative is a custom-designed program for effective risk management throughout the whole feed chain.
Mycotoxins and their Impact on Animals
Mycotoxins are secondary metabolites produced from mold. The major source of mycotoxin contamination comes from poor feed and grain (corn, soya, sorghum, and others) management.
Aflatoxin is the most commonly found mycotoxin and the most routinely tested as per regulatory requirement. There are also other mycotoxins such as Zearalenone, Deoxynivalenol and Fumonisin. Exposure to mycotoxins from the feed can result in both clinical and sub-clinical signs in animals. These signs can range from immune suppression at low levels to multiple organ failures at high levels.
With the possibility of multiple mycotoxin contaminations, a broad-spectrum mycotoxin binder is a necessity in the toolbox.
Broad Spectrum Mycotoxin Binder
TOXFIN™ is a broad-spectrum mycotoxin binder based on proprietary activated minerals for the protection of all animal species. It is made up of a carefully selected blend of unique activated adsorbents that bind all relevant mycotoxins along the gastrointestinal tract.
Features of TOXFIN™
- Unique blend of adsorbents
- Ingredients are processed for high specific binding capacity
- Broad spectrum with high efficacy against the most relevant and common mycotoxins
- Non-digestible, therefore stable and active throughout the entire gastrointestinal tract
Benefits of TOXFIN™
- Possesses a broad range of mycotoxin adsorption
- Possesses low affinity for essential vitamins and minerals
- Reduces the bioavailability of feed mycotoxins in the gastrointestinal tract and promotes mycotoxin excretion from the animals’ body