Do you grow strawberries, lettuce and leafy greens, citrus, hops, orchard crops, vegetables, or run a greenhouse operation? Do pests like mites, aphids, beetles, caterpillars, moths, flies, leafhoppers, mealybugs, psyllids, scales, thrips, and whiteflies threaten your operation? We can help you:
Gemsei™ is a garlic oil-based, broad-spectrum, contact miticide-insecticide and powerful repellent. Gemsei controls, suppresses and repels mites, a wide range of piercing and sucking insects such as thrips, Lepidopteran pests and soft-bodied insects on a variety of specialty crops, including organic crops. Gemsei acts through multiple modes of action provided by the complex mixture of its key organosulfur active compounds in the garlic essential oil.
Garlic oil plays a major role in an IPM program to manage pesticide resistance without disturbing non-target organisms or having a hazardous effect on the environment. Gemsei doesn’t leave a residue or influences the taste and smell of food crops.
Gemsei has 6 percent of active garlic oil derived from a premium selected source.
• Highly selected garlic oil source and biologically active compounds screening
• Strong understanding of the actives and relative concentrations
• Effective formulation development with consistent performance.
Broad-spectrum control, including but not limited to:
For indoor and outdoor crops, food and non-food crops, such as, but not limited to:
• Small fruits and berries
• Pome and stone fruits
• Brassica (cole), bulb vegetables
• Leafy and oriental vegetables
• Herbs and spices
• Tree nuts
• Fruiting and legume vegetables
• Root and tuber vegetables
• Cucurbit vegetables
• Hops and hemp
• Citrus fruits and subtropical fruits
• Greenhouse and nursery
(Refer to the label for the full list).
The multiple modes of action of this miticide-insecticide make it that much more effective against pests on your operation.
GEMSEI's lipophilic plant oil kills the insect pest by degrading the waxy cuticle causing dehydration.
GEMSEI discourages pest from feeding, preventing future leaf damage.
GEMSEI affects the pest’s odor-binding receptors that interfere with the way that adult male and female locate each other, decreasing the likelihood of successful reproduction
Gemsei disrupts the adult female pest from laying eggs on the leaf, preventing future infestation break out.
GEMSEI interferes with the pest’s sensing faculties, disguising the odor signal emitted by crops, hence keeping them away and limiting chances of their establishment on crops.
• ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW LABEL DIRECTIONS
• SHAKE OR MIX THE CONCENTRATE WELL BEFORE USE
• MUST BE DILUTED BEFORE USING.
5-day minimum interval
• Start applications at the first appearance of pests; do not wait until plants are heavily infested
• Early morning or late afternoon
• At any time up to and including the day of harvest.
Can be applied alone or in combination and/or rotation with chemical insecticides. GEMSEI is compatible with most commonly used insecticides and miticides, but a jar test for compatibility and phytotoxicity is recommended before use. Follow the strictest label directions.
• Rates for 100 gallons of water per acre
• A minimum of 30 gallons of total spray volume per acre.
• PREVENTATIVE < Economic threshold: 16 fl. oz
• LOW PRESSURE At economic threshold: 32 fl. oz
• MODERATE TO SEVERE PRESSURE > Economic threshold 48-64 fl. oz
GEMSEI is registered for use in FL, OR, WA, ID.
Beyond serving as a responsible ingredient manufacturer, Kemin has a team of technical service managers and research and development experts that are incredibly knowledgeable and able to assist as needed with trial support, product instructions and efficient application rates in an integrated pest management program. Our team of technical experts quickly guides growers with best practices and insights to ensure they are receiving the maximum value from our products and, ultimately, a successful, profitable horticulture operation.