What is KemTRACE Chromium?
KemTRACE Chromium is a safe and highly bioavailable source of organic chromium for broiler diets. KemTRACE Chromium, fed to millions of cattle and swine in the U.S. and around the world since its introduction in 2000, is currently registered in more than 30 countries.
Chromium propionate is the first organic trace mineral approved for U.S. broiler diets in more than 40 years and is the only chromium source approved by the U.S. FDA for use in broilers.1
KemTRACE Chromium is made in the U.S. and available in two product concentrations:
- 0.04% - for use in complete diets
- 0.4% - for use in a premix prior to inclusion in complete diets
Essential to Your Broiler Operation
Stress is a major factor diverting energy and reducing performance. Reducing physiological impacts of stress is key to improving performance. During times of stress, cortisol is released which can negatively impact many biological factors. In poultry, supplemental chromium has been shown to decrease cortisol levels during times of stress.2,3
Broiler Feeding Instructions
Delivers 0.2 parts per million (200 parts per billion) chromium (from chromium propionate) when added and thoroughly mixed at the rate of 1 pound per ton of complete broiler feed.
KemTRACE Chromium Feeding Instructions: Broilers
(Not to Exceed)
0.2 parts per million (200 parts per billion)
Want more information? Contact a Kemin representative today!
1. 21 CFR 573.304, Chromium Propionate.
2. Puvadolpirod S., Thaxton J. P. 2000. Model of physiological stress in chickens 1. Response parameters. Poult. Sci. 79:363-369.
3. Alejandro, C.-I., et al. 2014. Environmental Stress Effect on Animal Reproduction. Open Journal of Animal Sciences, 4, 79-84.