Toxfin™ – Your Best Insurance Against Mycotoxins
Image source: Mohamed E Zain, 2011
Fungi are ubiquitous and formation of mycotoxins can occur in all agricultural commodities under appropriate field or storage conditions throughout the animal feed supply chain. Fungi are a normal part of the micro‑flora of standing crops and stored feeds, but the production of mycotoxins depends upon the fungi present, agronomic practices, the composition of the commodity and the conditions of harvesting, handling and storage. (Bryden, W. L. 2009)
Economic Impact of Mycotoxins
Image source: Andretta et. Al, 2011
Mycotoxin management in poultry is crucial. Mycotoxins can directly affect the productivity and the performance of the birds. Kemin, a leader in providing solutions to all mycotoxin problems, has always believed in placing the customers need first by creating technology at the molecular level and by fostering continuous improvement in product, people and processes. Toxfin, a unique comprehensive family of toxin binders is one such example where Kemin has come up with the ultimate answer to all the mycotoxin concerns of farmers.
A unique non-digestible broad spectrum mycotoxins binder containing “active adsorbents” which effectively binds most prevalent and potent mycotoxins, including Aflatoxins, Ochratoxins, Fumonisin B1, Citrinin, T-2 toxin, Zearalenone and DON (Vomitoxin).
- Next generation mycotoxin binder, developed with a novel in vitro model
- Optimized adsorption and reduced desorption
- Not a standard clay, as in old generation products
- Clays are activated by physical and chemical methods
- Dipolar clays for both basic and acidic mycotoxins
Key features of Toxfin include:
- Ideal surface area that binds only mycotoxins, not the nutrients or vitamins
- Presence of multiple clays in activated form to adsorb a wide range of mycotoxins
- Elimination of mycotoxins proven through metabolic studies
- Free from heavy metals and dioxins
Contact your nearest Kemin Representative or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Toxfin.