Kemin Europe Personal Care
As a worldwide supplier of beauty ingredients, we work closely with manufacturers of personal care products around the world. Their products include skin care, color cosmetics, spa treatments, dermo-cosmetics, as well as natural, mass market, luxury, and niche brands. Although women comprise a majority of the customer base, the industry also serves the needs of men, babies, teens, and mature adults.
Our personal care ingredients are backed with a promise: Natural with Science. Kemin offers extensively researched active and functional ingredients with their benefits documented, allowing customers to purchase them with full confidence of their origin and effectiveness. We deliver consistent, reliable, efficacious, and safe, ingredients to the diverse group of markets we serve. Our personal care line is composed of ingredients that improve skin appearance, formulation texture, stability, performance, and delivery of actives.
Unique Plant Science Program With Family Farmers
Today, there is an increasing consumer demand for plant-based products and manufacturing companies need ingredient options to be able to create effective and appealing formulations to provide to theirs consumers.
At Kemin, we are focused on molecules. Our Specialty Crop Improvement (SCI) team employs the most advanced and innovative plant science program of conventional plant breeding and cropping techniques to maximize the number of desired molecules a plant produces; thus helping companies in making the transition to more sustainable and plant-based products.
This meticulousness is achieved thanks to the trust of our family farms worldwide who grow our plants, adhering to strict Kemin guidelines. These crops are subjected to intense screenings, followed by strict testing on the extracted ingredients before being made available to customers. The results are beautiful proprietary lines of rosemary, oregano, and marigold, with our vertically integrated rosemary receiving sustainably grown certification in 2013.
Our Exclusive Products Line
Our differentiation in the beauty industry lies in our commitment to provide consistent, efficacious bio-actives and functional ingredients:
- Rosamox™ – Extracted from a proprietary rosemary line developed by Kemin scientists, Rosamox is a natural, powerful antioxidant for skin defense against oxidative stress, as well as a very effective stabilization agent for protecting oils from oxidation and rancidity.
- FloraGLO™ Lutein Topical – Derived from marigold flowers, FloraGLO Lutein Topical is effective in shielding skin from high energy visible light, known as blue light. Expanding protection from the broader light spectrum, FloraGLO Lutein Topical brings the next generation of formulas for smarter sunscreens, day cream and long-lasting healthy skin maintenance.
- Lysofix™ – A label-friendly and easy-to-use lysophospholipid with an extremely versatile profile and unique molecular structure that makes your formulas and skin look and feel beautiful.
- XFoliPEARL™ – An eco-friendly, biodegradable alternative to plastic exfoliating beads, XFoliPEARL are natural beads made with a unique in-house spray freezing technology. XFoliPEARL is highly efficacious and compatible in many formulations.
- MicroCurb™ – A natural steam distilled extract of oregano leaves, powerful broad spectrum preservative*, that protects formulas against bacteria, yeast and mold, making it an efficient alternative to traditional preservatives such as parabens or phenoxyethanol.
Understanding that each cosmetic manufacturer has its own unique formulations and production methods, we provide our clients with exclusive scientific services to find ways to enhance their products. Our Customer Laboratory Services team at each facility provides testing that can help maximize ingredient efficiency in formulations, determine the most effective treatment, and identify the correct inclusion rate of our ingredients, to assure that they receive the maximum benefit of Kemin products.
To make this possible, Kemin Customer Laboratory Services can measure for our clients:
- Oxidative Stability Index (OSI)
- Peroxide Value (PV) and Transepidermal delivery capability with an Automated Perfusion System
- Storage stability under accelerated
- Ambient and UV light conditions
- Gas Chromatography (GC)
- High-Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
Consumer’s Opportunities, Not Limitations
We strive to provide innovation in the market because we understand the true potential of plant bioactives and their ability to perform exceptionally in formulations. We not only bring products to our customer, we bring insights on industry trends. We are in a unique position around the world to witness and identify new trends wherever they begin and we share them with our customers so they may capitalize on these emerging trends in a timely manner.