Ruminant Amino Acid Formulation Reference Manual Launches in Europe
New book uncovers a new approach to increasing profitability in the dairy industry
HERENTALS, Belgium (October 20, 2017) – Kemin Industries, a global nutritional ingredients company with expertise in ruminant nutrition, is pleased to announce the launch of the “Kemin Reference Manual for Ruminant Amino Acid Formulation” as part of its ongoing Kemin Lifelong Learning program.
Written by experienced professionals and industry experts for nutritionists and technicians in the dairy market, the book focuses on how to formulate in different contexts and amino acid nutrition systems. Beyond formulation, the book inspires a new way to think about increasing revenue and profitability in dairy farming.
“As experts in a world of highly competitive dairy farming, we believe it is our responsibility to provide customers with a thorough understanding of how protein metabolism can benefit their operation,” said Javier Mateos, Business Manager Ruminants for Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health, EMEA. “Through the last ten years of the Kemin Lifelong Learning program, we’ve shared cutting-edge science, strategies, approaches and useful tools for customers to deepen their understanding of amino acid implementation.”
Amino acid nutrition has important functions in metabolism, with a significant influence on an animal’s health, fertility, and oxidative and inflammatory status. It can help dairy animals overcome challenges and stresses throughout the complete lactation period, including the transition phase.
“The new book will be a valuable tool because it not only explains how to formulate in different nutrition systems, it also helps customers understand protein metabolism and tie key concepts back to gaining precision in diets,” said Dr. Diego Martínez, Product Manager Amino Acids for Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health, EMEA.
Table of contents for the “Kemin Reference Manual for Ruminant Amino Acid Formulation”:
- Introduction by Javier Mateos, Javier López, Dr. Diego Martínez
- The Basics of Amino Acid Nutrition by Mohammad Al Rifai
- Amino Acid Nutrition in the French INRA System by Anthony Mercier, Damien David
- Amino Acid Formulation in European Systems: DVE, TMP, FIM, NORFOR, EXTENDED NXP by Dr. Angela Schröder, Kimberley Vriesinga, Lani Scholtz, Dr. Katharina Pfeil, Niels Justesen
- Amino Acid Nutrition in the NRC and CNCPS Systems by Mohammad Al Rifai, Waqar Khan
- Balancing Amino Acids to Improve Efficiency in Dairy Nutrition by Dr. Ivan Eisner, Anthony Mercier
- Amino Acids in Fertility, Reproduction and Epigenetics by Dmitry Glukhov
- Amino Acids and Health Status by Dmitry Glukhov
- Amino Acid Nutrition, Milk Characteristics and Cheese Manufacture by Javier Mateos, Javier López, Jaime Magdalena, Dr. Diego Martínez
- Practical Ration Formulation: R-AA-TION BALANCER™ by Dr. Ivan Eisner, Dr. Stefano Mattuzzi, Marcin Maj
- Feeding Rations without Soya for High Producing Dairy Cows: Secrets of Success by
Dr. Ivan Eisner, Dr. Angela Schröder, Dr. Katharina Pfeil
For more information on the reference manual, contact your local Kemin sales representative or visit www.kemin.com/lifelonglearning.
About Kemin Industries
Kemin (www.kemin.com) has been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century. As a global company touching 3.8 billion people every day with its products, Kemin is committed to improving the quality, safety and efficacy of food, feed and health-related products to feed a growing population and be a resource for others in need.
Committed to feed and food safety, Kemin maintains top-of-the-line manufacturing facilities where over 500 specialty ingredients are made for humans and animals in the global feed and food industries, as well as the health, nutrition and beauty markets. The company provides product solutions and options to customers in more than 120 countries.
A privately held, family-owned and operated company, Kemin has more than 2,500 global employees and operates in 90 countries including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.
Tin Marien, Senior Marketing Manager, Tin.Marien@Kemin.com, +32 14 28 62 60
Image: Cover of the "Kemin Reference Manual for Ruminant Amino Acid Formulation".