Myco CURB™ – Safeguarding Feed against Mold
Mold growth in feed and feed ingredients remains a significant challenge in the animal industry. When molds grow, they consume feed nutrients and produce toxic mycotoxins that can impair animals’ growth and health development. Rejection of moldy feed can lead to huge financial losses for feed and animal producers.
Myco CURB - Mold Inhibitor
Myco CURB is Kemin’s brand of mold inhibitors that are uniquely formulated with a synergistic blend of propionic acid and other organic acids for effective mold inhibition.
The application of Myco CURB is a well-established practice for preserving feed and grains from mold contamination. Stabilization of the feed and grains with Myco CURB secures the optimal nutritive value in the feed materials and achieve long-term feedstuff storage stability.
Myco CURB is engineered with Kemin’s Buffer Technology to reduce its pungency and corrosiveness. This technology makes Myco CURB safe for users to handle and prevents the product from corroding the feed mill equipment. It also enables organic acids to remain active in the feed for a longer time.
Myco CURB is also formulated with Kemin’s Surfactant Technology that enhances its ability to spread over a wider surface and penetrate the feed and feed ingredients, therefore offering maximum protection against mold growth.
Features of Myco CURB
- Synergistic blend of propionic acid and other organic acids
- Engineered with Kemin’s Buffer Technology and Surfactant Technology
- Long lasting mold inhibition effect
- Low volatility and pungency
- Reduced corrosiveness
- Highly soluble in water with low viscosity
Benefits of Myco CURB
- Highly effective in suppressing mold growth in the feed for long-term storage
- Safe for users to handle
- Low corrosivity and friendly to the feed mill equipment and facilities
- Ease of application to the feed or feed ingredients
Myco CURB Variants
- Myco CURB™ AW Liquid – This product is designed for pellet feed. It is used in the MillSMARTTM program to improve the milling efficiency and extend the shelf life of the pellet feed.
- Myco CURB™ Extend Liquid – This product is specifically developed for grain treatment to preserve the grain quality during storage.
- Myco CURB™ Liquid – This is the first-generation mold inhibitor formulated to preserve feed and grains for extended storage.
Myco CURB mold inhibitors are suitable for use in all feed types, including poultry, swine, ruminant and aqua feed.
Myco CURB variants are available in 25kg, 200kg, and 1000kg packaging sizes.
Certain packaging sizes may not be available in certain regions, please contact Agrifoods.KAA@Kemin.com for more information.