CLOSTAT™ for Gut Health
Intestinal health issues in poultry and livestock are of constant concern to producers around the world. CLOSTAT is a patented direct-fed microbial that supports intestinal health, by maintaining a balanced microbiota. It has been proven to help develop a natural defence mechanism against Clostridium perfringens.
The Science behind Kemin’s Gut Health Solutions
An active microbial selected from a unique strain of Bacillus subtilis PB6. This active microbial was isolated from the intestinal tract of healthy chickens.
CLOSTAT produces lipopeptides (surfactins) in the gastrointestinal tract that has inhibitory activity against pathogenic strains of Clostridium perfringens. These surfactins also has efficient anti-inflammatory properties.
CLOSTAT is not species specific, meaning that it can be used in all animal species. Generally, in Asia, CLOSTAT is registered for poultry and swine.
Features of CLOSTAT
- Stable in feed and premixes
- Heat stable upon pelleting
- Compatible with nearly all organic acids
- Compatible with nearly all anticoccidials
Benefits of using CLOSTAT
- Production of surfactin with specific activity against pathogenic strains of Clostridium perfringens
- Prevention of necrotic enteritis, bacterial enteritis, and maintenance of a balanced microbiota
- Production of flocks and livestock in an environment with reduced antibiotic use
- Reduction in medication application due to improved gut health management
- Improved profitability through reduced mortalities, improved litter quality and performance, and reduce rejections at slaughterhouse
Active microbial effective against pathogenic strains of Clostridium perfringens. Allows natural solutions for the responsible use of antibiotics.
CLOSTAT provides a clear and defined mechanism of action which is demonstrated in the following video.