CLOSTAT™ for Gut Health
Intestinal health issues in poultry and livestock are of constant concern to producers around the world. CLOSTAT is a patented direct-fed microbial that supports intestinal health by maintaining a balanced microbiota. It has been proven to help develop a natural defense mechanism against Clostridium perfringens.
The Science Behind Kemin’s Gut Health Solutions
We isolated an active microbial from the intestinal tract of healthy chickens to develop a unique strain of Bacillus subtilis PB6.
CLOSTAT produces lipopeptides (surfactants) in the gastrointestinal tract that have inhibitory activity against pathogenic strains of Clostridium perfringens. These surfactants also have efficient anti-inflammatory properties.
CLOSTAT is not species specific, meaning that it can be used in all animal species. In Asia, CLOSTAT is generally registered for poultry and swine.
Features of CLOSTAT
- Stable in feed and premixes
- Heat stable upon pelleting
- Compatible with nearly all organic acids
- Compatible with nearly all anticoccidials
Benefits of using CLOSTAT
- Production of surfactin with specific activity against pathogenic strains of Clostridium perfringens
- Prevention of necrotic enteritis, bacterial enteritis and maintenance of a balanced microbiota
- Production of flocks and livestock in an environment with reduced antibiotic use
- Reduction in medication application due to improved gut health management
- Improved profitability through reduced mortalities, improved litter quality and performance, and reduced rejections at slaughterhouse
CLOSTAT is an active microbial effective against pathogenic strains of Clostridium perfringens, which serves as a natural solutions for the responsible use of antibiotics.
Certain statements may not be applicable in all geographical regions. Product labeling and associated claims may differ based upon government requirements. All claims are supported by scientific and field data.