CloSTAT™ - A Natural Defense Against Costly Pathogens
Intestinal health issues in poultry and livestock are a constant concern for producers around the world.
CloSTAT is a non-species specific animal feed ingredient that can help improve gut health and the overall efficiency of poultry and livestock.
The active microbial in CloSTAT, Bacillus subtilus PB6, acts as a natural defense mechanism against pathogenic strains of bacteria without causing antibiotic resistance or residue issues.
Key Benefits of CloSTAT:
- Maintains a balanced microbial ecosystem and gastrointestinal tract1
- Produces distinctive biocides with specific activity against pathogenic strains of Clostridum perfringens2
- Prevents necrotic enteritis and bacterial enteritis and dysbiosis
- Does not create antibiotic resistance or residue concerns1
- Acts as a replacement for antimicrobial growth promoters for improved gut health in broiler birds1
- Supports nutrient absorption through optimal gut health
- Reduces potential medication costs due to preventive gut health management
- Improves profit margin through reduced mortalities, improved litter quality and fewer rejections at slaughterhouse
Plus, CloSTAT can be used on organic farms.
Watch the video below to learn the mechanism of action behind CloSTAT.
Beyond the key benefits and well-studied mechanism of action, CloSTAT offers the following formulation benefits:
- Fully stable in feeds and premixes3
- Heat stable upon pelleting3
- Compatible with nearly all organic acids3
- Compatible with nearly all anticoccidials3
Have a question or need to discuss a specific situation? Contact us at 011 206 8000.
1. Jayaraman. S.,Thangavel. G., Kurian. H. & Mani. R., Bacillus subtillus PB6 improves intestinal health of broiler chickens challenged with Clostridium pefringens - induced necrotic enteritis. 2013 Poulty Science 92 :370-374.
2. Alex Yeow-Lim Teo & Hi-Meng Tan. Inhibition of Clostridium pefringens by a Novel Strain of Bacillus subtillis Isolated from the Gastrointestinal Tracts of Healthy Chickens. AEM. 71.8.4185-4190.2005.
3. Kemin data on file.
Certain statements may not be applicable in all geographical regions. Product labeling and associated claims may differ based upon regulatory requirements. All claims are supported by scientific and field data.