SHIELD® | PREVENTING MICROBIAL SPOILAGE OF BAKERY PRODUCTS
SHIELD is a natural food preservative for bread, tortillas and other bakery products. Its liquid microbial formulas contain active ingredients that control microbes, preventing spoilage bacteria and mould growth. SHIELD provides homogenous, even dispersion throughout the dough, eliminates irritating dust common with dry preservatives and it improves handling without affecting taste. Moreover, Kemin is the global leader in liquid technology for antimicrobial food protection.
Additional benefits of SHIELD
- Increase of dough softness, moisture retention and finished product flexibility.
- Optional automation to reduce weighing and variability.
- Reduced freight, handling and storage expenses.
SHIELD products for all markets
- SHIELD FL-7: a flexible alternative to dry preservative formulas for wheat tortillas and bakery products leavened with baking powder.
- SHIELD CA: an additive to dry calcium propionate, offering better taste and dispersion.
- SHIELD NA: a replacement for dry sodium propionate, offering better dispersion that provides a more consistent finished product.
- SHIELD Dry: a dry calcium propionate that is easy to mix with dry bakery ingredients.